Back to results
Noting that Resolution 1 of the 1988 Lambeth Conference (The ordination or consecration of women to the episcopate) recommended that the Archbishop of Canterbury, in consultation with the Primates appoint a commission
- to provide for an examination of the relationships between the provinces of the Anglican Communion and ensure that the process of reception includes continuing consultation with other Churches as well;
- to monitor and enumerate the process of consultation within the Communion and to offer further pastoral guidelines; and noting that the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Primates having now received the completed work of the commission chaired by the Most Revd Robin Eames: this Conference
- accepts and endorses the report and thanks the members of the Commission;
- recognises the ongoing, open process of reception within the Communion;
- recommends the guidelines to every Province; and
- urges continuing monitoring within the Communion with regular reporting to the Primates' Meeting.
Note: This Resolution was conflated with Resolution IV.10.