Provincial Directory: Province of the Episcopal Church of South Sudan & Sudan
Map and Statistics
|Geographical Area:||2,500,000 Sq Km|
The Church Missionary Society began work in 1899 in Omdurman; Christianity spread rapidly among black Africans of the Southern region. Until 1974, the Diocese of Sudan was part of the Jerusalem archbishopric. lt reverted to the jurisdiction of the Archbishop of Canterbury until the new Province, consisting of four new dioceses, was established in 1976. Civil and religious strife and a constant flow of refugees have challenged the Church.
Provincial Secretary: Mr John Augustino Lumori
Provincial Treasurer: Mr Evans Sokiri
Kadugli & Nuba Mountains