Provincial Directory: La Iglesia Anglicana de Mexico

 

Map and Statistics

Geographical Area:20,000,000 Sq Km
Population:99,400,000
Number of Parishes:12

History

The Mexican Episcopal Church symbolically began with Mexico's war for independence in 1810. Religious reform in 1857 secured freedom of religion, separating the Roman Catholic Church from government and politics. In 1860, the newly formed Church of Jesus contacted the Episcopal Church in the United States, seeking leadership, guidance, and support. In 1958, the fourth missionary Bishop of Mexico was the first of the Church's Bishops to be consecrated on Mexican soil. The Church became an autonomous Province of the Anglican Communion in 1995.

Information:

Primate:The Most Revd Francisco Moreno

Provincial Secretary: The Revd Canon Alfonso Walls

Provincial Treasurer: Mr Edgar Gomez-Gonzalez

Website:La Iglesia Anglicana de Mexico

Diocese:

Cuernavaca
Mexico
Northern Mexico
Southeastern Mexico
Western Mexico

More information & links within La Iglesia Anglicana de Mexico:

Theological Colleges