Provincial Directory: The Anglican Church of Kenya

 

Map and Statistics

Geographical Area:580,400 Sq Km
Population:30,700,000

History

Mombasa saw the arrival of Anglican missionaries in 1844, with the first Africans ordained to the priesthood in 1885. Mass conversions occurred as early as 1910. The first Kenyan Bishops were consecrated in 1955. The Church became part of the Province of East Africa, established in 1960, but by 1970 Kenya and Tanzania were divided into separate Provinces.

Information:

Primate:The Most Revd Dr Eliud Wabukala

Provincial Secretary: The Revd Canon Rosemary Mbogo

Provincial Treasurer: Mr William Ogara

Provincial Treasurer: Mr John Muhoho

Website:The Anglican Church of Kenya

Diocese:

All Saints Cathedral Diocese
Bondo
Bungoma
Butere
Eldoret
Embu
Kajiado
Katakwa
Kericho
Kirinyaga
Kitale
Kitui
Machakos
Marsabit
Maseno North
Maseno South
Maseno West
Mbeere
Meru
Mombasa
Mount Kenya Central
Mount Kenya South
Mount Kenya West
Mumias
Nairobi
Nakuru
Nambale
Nyahururu
Southern Nyanza
Taita-Taveta
Thika

More information & links within The Anglican Church of Kenya:

Mission Organisations
Theological Colleges