Provincial Directory: The Episcopal Church in Jerusalem & The Middle East
Map and Statistics
|Geographical Area:||8,667,920 Sq Km|
The Church covers Jerusalem, Iran, Egypt, Cyprus, and the Gulf. The Jerusalem bishopric was founded in 1841 and became an archbishopric in 1957. Reorganization in January 1976 ended the archbishopric and combined the Diocese of Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria with the Jerusalem bishopric after a nineteen-year separation. Around the same time, the new Diocese of Cyprus and the Gulf was formed and the Diocese of Egypt was revived. The Cathedral Church of St George the Martyr in Jerusalem is known for its ministry to pilgrims. St George's College, Jerusalem, is in partnership with the Anglican Communion.
Provincial Secretary: The Revd Hanna Mansour
Provincial Treasurer: The Ven Canon William Schwartz
Cyprus and the Gulf
More information & links within The Episcopal Church in Jerusalem & The Middle East: