Posted On : June 9, 2008 5:09 PM | Posted By : Admin ACO
Deadline: 16 June 2008
Media/press persons desiring accreditation for the Lambeth Conference in Canterbury, Kent (UK) are asked to complete the 'initial' application by 16 June at the latest.
The dates of the conference are 20 July – 4 August at the University of Kent at Canterbury.
Successful applicants will be notified within 48 hours. Those who have previously applied are to be notified this week. The number seeking accreditation is high.
The form for the first application is found at: www.lambethconference.org/press
You are encouraged to subscribe to Anglican Communion News Service and to visit both www.anglicancommunion.org and www.lambethconference.org on a regular basis for news and information updates.
Reminder: Deadline -16 June 2008
Thanks for your interest in the Lambeth Conference 2008.
Notes to editors:
- There are 38 Provinces of the Anglican Communion;
- There are approx 77 million Anglicans world-wide in 164 countries; Canterbury Cathedral is often called the “Mother Church” of the Anglican Communion; Invitations for the Conference come from the Archbishop of Canterbury; there will be a Marketplace that opens daily to the public;
- The bishops and spouses will visit London on 24 July including an act of witness, a visit to Lambeth Palace and Tea with Her Majesty the Queen at Buckingham Palace.
- The conference is for the bishops and their spouses only.
- Photos of Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams and Mrs Jane Williams are available on our sites as are photos of the Cathedral.
Contact person: Canon Jim Rosenthal 0207 313 3909 or 0207 313 3914 at the Anglican Communion Office or Mr Steve Jenkins at Church House, 0207 898 1000.