The Council of Anglican Provinces of Africa is advertising for a new General Secretary, to be based in its office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Details of the advertisement follow:
POSITION: CAPA GENERAL SECRETARY
1. Be ordained African in the Anglican Orders
2. Have sound theological background preferably a Master's in Theology
3. Have 10 or more years experience in the administration of the affairs of the Anglican Church
4. Be of high integrity
5. Be experienced in international church affairs and ability to relate well to different cultures and denominations
6. Between the ages of 35-60 years
7. Experience from outside Africa added advantage.
8. Readiness to accept Church standard remuneration.
9. A working knowledge of both English and French is required
10. Be Computer Literate
The appointment is for a period of 5 years with a provision for a possible renewal if one has not reached the age of 65 years.
1. Serve as Secretary to the Council and be an Ex officio member of Committees appointed by Council and attending to duties generally associated with such a position
2. Provide an interface between the Council, Member Provinces and other bodies to which the organisation is affiliated.
3. Efficiently manage the work of the secretariat and implement decisions taken by the Council.
4. Promote the interest of the Council faithfully, and in a just and transparent manner.
5. Promote a strong network of communication between Council and Member Provinces.
6. Seek funds from authorized sources for various CAPA Programs
7. Work closely with the Honorary Treasurer to ensure judicious utilization of Council's Funds on Authorized purposes.
8. Keep proper records and documents related to operations of the Council
9. Perform such other duties and exercise such power as may from time to time be assigned and vested in him by the Standing Committee and the Chair.
The closing date for this application is Friday November 11th 2005.
Application in writing to be accompanied with three referees to be sent to:-
The Council of Anglican Provinces of Africa
P O Box 10329
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Article Source: CAPA - Africa